GTA Mods Mania
Welcome to GTA Mods Mania
To get the most benefits of the forums .Please register otherwise you
won't be able to view some important boards & topics.
We are sure you will enjoy after joining the site.
Affiliates
pic

pic

pic

!
Welcome to GTA Mods Mania Join us now to access all of our features. Once you join us, you can make any topic to talk in this forum, give the reputation of a fellow member, design your profile, and much more. If you already have an account, Login here. If don't create one, here.

TXD Building

View previous topic View next topic Go down

TXD Building

Post by TheSpookyMan on Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:30 pm

How to make a txd file or i should say how the textures of a car are made in a picture format with different parts in the same portal and how to edit them...???
try to understand me i hope you can guess what i am saying...!!!! :>: :>:

Anybody??

Moderators

Back to top Go down

Re: TXD Building

Post by Wolf on Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:08 am

First download TXD Workshop

Now if there is a certain vehicle/object you want to modify the txd of you can use either IMGTool and open gta3.img then locate and extract the vehicle of your choice (Best to extract both the dff and txd)

As for objects it's far more easier to use MEd (Map Editor) to find the object your looking for as MEd also has a extracting system which will extract both the dff and txd of the model/object

To edit the textures simply open up the .txd file of the object using TXD Workshop, find the image/texture you want to edit then export it to either PNG, BMP or TGA (recommended BMP) then modify the image however you wish then import it back into the txd (the import feature works like the replace) but make sure to select the right image before importing

Now for vehicles it's pretty much the same but the main body work of vehicles all fall under one single txd file so if you want to put a nice paint job on a vehicle it's best to first make the texture for it and map it in a 3D Modeling software such as ZModeler

Please fill free to ask if you need further help

Wolf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by TheSpookyMan on Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:11 pm

Yes Mr Celestial Hyena i know that extraction and all. But i want to know how to make a texture or picture that you see inside txd. It contains for peds his hands legs face clothes combined all in one single image Png Tga Bmp or whatever it may be..!!! i want to know how to and by which software i can create those images and combine them in a single image..This is what i am trying to say hope you are getting my point now...!!!! :>: :>:

Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf on Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:58 pm

Well you could use a simple program like MS Paint to combined the images as one but you will need to remap the whole object/vehicle in a 3D modeling software

To make it a bit more easy to understand every image/texture is mapped on the model by it's name so if that texture name is not found in the txd file then the texture for that part[s] of the model will not exist so for example the selected polygons on this model are using the texture "sw_truckterm"

So in the txd file this texture must be named "sw_truckterm"

You can combine the textures together as one texture but as i have said you will need to map the texture within a 3D Modeling software

Wolf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by TheSpookyMan on Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:16 am

Yes correct..!!! and then how do i define those different images of textures for a car or ped. Means how to set them for different parts like for interior of a car exterior of a car, lights of a car... how do i allocate which image is to be set for this car part or that car part like that..!!!

Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf on Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:01 am

Ok first select the polygons you want to place textures to, now go on the vertex editing level by clicking this button

Enable selected mode then right click the scene on the view you are applying the texture to, then select "Edit UV" and when the window opens click "generate new"

Change one of the views to "UV mapper" and move, scale the vertex's into position

Wolf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by TheSpookyMan on Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:01 pm

thanks Mr Celestial Hyena....!!!!! :>:

Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content